You can find cable ties at building sites, transportation stations, computer labs, and even at sea. But did you know that you can now find ABB cable ties on a different planet?!
Yes, you read that correctly. ABB is officially out of this world.
In fact, ABB products have been provided to the NASA space program since 1973 with some cable ties from active missions still in use. Now, the Ty-Rap cable ties are part of the Mars Perseverance rover that landed on February 18 ,2021 for its current exploration of Mars. Even with the advanced equipment of the rover, wires are secured with cable ties like you would manage cables at your own home.
The Mars Exploration Program, which includes the Perseverance rover, seeks to answer further questions about Mars and its potential for supporting life. With a partner like ABB we can look forward to many more years of exploration!
In April 2021, Leviton announced their new five-year partnership with the electrical training ALLIANCE (etA) that will include training kits, funding, instruction, and technical expertise to achieve the shared goal of shaping our nation’s electrical workforce into the most advanced and best trained in the world.
The partnership will provide a variety of resources from Leviton focusing on a mixture of learning tools to which all etA training centers will have access to the variety of digital and hands-on instruction. As stated in the press release from Leviton, specific programs in the partnership include:
- “Wiring device endowments and training kits for regional etA chapters known as Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committees (JATC’s). Each kit demonstrates features and installation requirements.
- Factory technical support provided at the local level to regional JATC’s.
- Support to etA’s National Training Institute (NTI) help annually at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor.
- $5000 Scholarship grant to a deserving NTI Graduate as part of the etA’s Advanced Studies Program.
- Financial support of NTI logistics and operations.
- Site use at Leviton Live Experience Centers for etA personnel. Access offers the opportunity f or etA to conduct regional meetings as well as experiential learnings with cutting-edge electrical equipment installed in real-world applications.”
The future is indeed bright for our industry!
In mid-May, Cat Buckley joined the Gordon Electric Supply team as a new e-commerce customer service representative where she will connect with online customers, handling customer service inquiries and processing orders.
Longtime customer service representative, Margaret Lamb said, “Cat is truly proving to be a great addition to our team” and that she is impressed with “how quickly she has become a valuable asset.”
It is no surprise that Cat settled into the position with the experience she brings from previous roles in customer service and management. We look forward to seeing her growth in the months to come.
A news brief about Cat’s hiring was featured in the July 7th edition of The Daily Journal.
Summertime is great: The warm weather, sunshine, and days at the pool. But then there are the wasp, hornets and bees! There is no greater pain then getting stung by one of these little demons.
For electricians, they are really a pest. Always in light fixtures and outdoor boxes, waiting for their often unsuspecting prey.
So I was very excited when I found out that CRC has the 14010 Wasp & Hornet Killer Plus.
This stuff is great because you don’t have to be close to the flying menace to take them out! It can shots up to 20 feet. If you aim is good, and you want to take a chance, you can take them out in midair. The CRC 14010 Wasp & Hornet Killer Plus is also:
- A high-strength insecticide
- Ergonomic with a trigger that provides control, even with gloved hands
We’ve added it to our summer electrical work must-haves!