Back in the late nineties, I decided I would never wear flared, bell bottom jeans, which were the latest fashion trend. This decision became very difficult to uphold as these jeans took over the shelves at stores, and I reluctantly had to wear them for years until the next trend arrived.
When these bell bottom jeans became the big trend, a very young me did not connect that they were originally a popular pants option in the seventies. I admit it took a few months to realize bell bottom jeans were both retro and modern.
So three paragraphs in, you are probably wondering if you are still on the Gordon Product Talk blog. Don’t panic! Gordon is still the place for electrical and lighting supplies and not a fashion blog.
Like bell bottom jeans, Keystone Technologies’ Advanta recessed downlight is both a retro and modern light fixture. While it is a newer fixture with current technology and features from Keystone, it has a timeless, classic look that is perfect for hospitality, retail, office, and new construction applications.
This recessed downlight is also retro–as in ideal for retrofit projects.
The KT-RDLED18PS-6A-8CSE-VDIM 6 inch recessed downlight is designed with Keystone Power Select and Color Select technologies to accommodate “easy, on-the-job adjustments.”
- Designed with integral whip to connect directly to a junction box; Ideal for
installation into existing CFL pin-based fixture infrastructure
- Integral driver eliminates the need for a traditional multi-piece fixture setup
- Smooth reflector trim offers clean, modern appearance
- Diffused lens reduces glare
- Interchangeable trims available in matte black, brushed nickel, and bronze
- Powered by Keystone 0?10V dimming LED driver; 10?100% dimming
- Ambient operating temperature: ?20ºC/?4ºF to 40ºC/104ºF
- Suitable for use in wet locations
- Airtight and Type IC-rated
- Power factor: >0.90
- THD: <20%
- LED chip lifetime: L70 >80,000 hrs @ 25ºC/77ºF ambient fixture temp
- FCC Part 15, Subpart B, Class B
- CEC Compliant Flicker Rate (CEC JA10 std.)