These things have been around for years! You always see electricians with them in their front pocket along with two pens, a sharpie, one stick of gum, and the case for their safety glasses. Then there is always the battle over who has the best one. You will hear things like, “I’ve dropped this thing from 20 feet and it still works….. sometimes.” or “Well I dropped mine in a vat of toxic chemicals and now it really glows…… sometimes.”
When it comes to an electrical tester, you really don’t want it to work “sometimes.”
Klein Tools have designed a non-contact voltage tester that is almost indestructible! It is shock, water, and dust resistant and even has a built-in LED flashlight.
The Klein NCVT-3
The NCVT-3 provides non-contact detection of AC voltage in cables, cords, circuit breakers, light fixtures, switches, outlets and wires as well as doorbells, thermostats, low voltage lighting and irrigation systems.
• Convenient LED flashlight may be used independent of voltage detection function
• The visual indicator of the presence of voltage is an LED bar graph – the higher the voltage sensed, or the closer to the voltage source, the more LEDs light up
• Bar graph visual voltage indicator utilizes five vibrant LEDs for easy interpretation/viewing
• The audible voltage indicator beeps at a greater frequency the higher the voltage that is sensed, or the closer it gets to the voltage source
• “Auto Power-Off” conserves and extends battery life
• Screw-thread battery cap with O-ring ensures dust-proof and waterproof ingress protection
• Lightweight, compact tool with pocket clip provides easy storage and quick access