In April 2021, Leviton announced their new five-year partnership with the electrical training ALLIANCE (etA) that will include training kits, funding, instruction, and technical expertise to achieve the shared goal of shaping our nation’s electrical workforce into the most advanced and best trained in the world.
The partnership will provide a variety of resources from Leviton focusing on a mixture of learning tools to which all etA training centers will have access to the variety of digital and hands-on instruction. As stated in the press release from Leviton, specific programs in the partnership include:
- “Wiring device endowments and training kits for regional etA chapters known as Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committees (JATC’s). Each kit demonstrates features and installation requirements.
- Factory technical support provided at the local level to regional JATC’s.
- Support to etA’s National Training Institute (NTI) help annually at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor.
- $5000 Scholarship grant to a deserving NTI Graduate as part of the etA’s Advanced Studies Program.
- Financial support of NTI logistics and operations.
- Site use at Leviton Live Experience Centers for etA personnel. Access offers the opportunity f or etA to conduct regional meetings as well as experiential learnings with cutting-edge electrical equipment installed in real-world applications.”
The future is indeed bright for our industry!