A friend recently lent me a copy of the book Spark Joy by Marie Kondo, saying it inspired her to organize her house. I was skeptical at first because I can be indecisive at times, which defeats the purpose of the Spark Joy method—determining the objects that bring joy to you and the ones that do not. This method helped my friend to declutter her house and donate a lot of clothing.
I decided to give Spark Joy a shot and see if it made a dent in my autumn cleaning (I missed spring cleaning big time this year). What I found out is that electric cables and cords do not spark joy for me.
Now, hear me out! The electric cables and cords are a necessary and well-done part of my home, but they have gotten out of control in a tangled mess in my office and basement. I could not throw them out, obviously, so I needed to find a solution that brought the joy back, organized the cables, and did not end in a literal spark.
Luckily, I came upon the TY400-120-Anti cable tie from Thomas & Betts by ABB! These antimicrobial-treated cable ties are durable enough to hold a bundle of cables up to 4.02 inches in diameter.
The best part? They are bacteria resistant and eliminate more than 99.9% of common surface bacteria. Now that bonus feature sparked joy within my household! The cables and cords in the basement and office are much neater and make me feel safer as the anti-microbial silver ion additive prevents the growth of bacteria, fungus, and mold.
- Is ideal for contamination-sensitive industries like healthcare and food processing
- UL listed, RoHS and FDA compliant
- Was tested by an independent lab to determine that it eliminates more than 99.9% of common surface bacteria.
- Available in packages of 50
- For indoor application up to 180 degrees Fahrenheit
- Length of 14.6 inches, width of 0.299 INCH, thickness of 0.075 inch.
- 540 Newtons (120 lbs.) tensile strength rating