When I was a kid, one of the popular things to buy with your pocket change was bubblegum. It was a constant favorite throughout my childhood unlike the Beanie Baby fad or Tamagotchi pets that did not last long. My sister and I used to have contests to see who could blow the biggest bubble, and we always bought the bubblegum rope. To the child version of me, the bubblegum rope felt like it contained more than the sticks of gum did. And if I was going to spend the little money I made from a lemonade stand on anything it would be the option that has the most gum–and a Lunchable!
Seeing the improved Scotch Super 33+ Vinyl Electrical Tape with 15% more tape (76 ft. now instead of 66 ft.) reminded me of the bubblegum ropes. It felt like this was the bubblegum rope for electricians and contractors, providing a little more than other electrical tapes. But the Scotch tape from 3M has many other notable features to aid you on the job like:
- 7-mil thick vinyl insulating tape
- All-weather design performs in ambient temperatures up to 221 degrees Fahrenheit and comfortable in cold weather down to 0 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Excellent resistance to abrasion, moisture, alkalies, acids, corrosion and varying weather conditions (including UV exposure)
- Provides moisture-tight electrical and mechanical protection with minimum bulk
- Primary electrical insulation for all wire, cable splices and bus applications up to 600 volts
- Used for protective jacketing on high voltage cable splices and repairs
- Compatible with solid dielectric cable insulations
- Compatible with rubber and synthetic splicing compounds
- Compatible with epoxy and polyurethane resins
- Inhibits corrosion of electrical conductors
- For indoor and outdoor applications
- Used for harnessing and bundling of wires and cable applications
- UL Listed: UL 510 Standard “Insulating Tape”, Category OANZ, File No. E129200
- CSA Listed: CSA-C22.2 No.197 “PVC Insulating Tape”, File No. 048769, Class 9052-02
Now all we need is to make sure those Beanie Babies are really the currency of the future like we were told so we can get the Scotch Super 33+ Vinyl Electrical Tape!